Sunday 11 November 2012

Short Trip To The Train Station Ideas - Simple Digital Camera







When walking down the street to the train station I started thinking that it would be a good idea to have some of my film from the perspective of my main character, I thought having this view from the street would be nice as it also has the river beside it.

When walking I decided to take a video (bare in mind it's just a basic digital camera) of what I was thinking it could look it, I want to try and get it to look realistic of someone looking around and to get the level of shaking of the camera right.


 Walking further up the road you come across the two crossings before the station, I thought I'd take pictures of them anyway. But I feel like if I added these in my film they would just waste time and be unnecessary and wouldn't develop the story in anyway.

Here is just a wide angle view of one of the crossings and the train station.




  I crossed over the crossing and got to the front of the train station, I feel this would be a scene I include in my final peice so I decided to take a short video of myself walking down the path. Note that I looked at my wrist during filming, I just all of a sudden got the idea that he could check his watch while he was walking. Just so everyone knows the camera is from his perspective.


When I walked up to the train station I decided to take a picture of the outside, it's a very distinctive building. I also like the fact it has written on it 'Norwich Station' so without having to be told the audience knows where it's set if they didn't guess already.

I just took a short quick video of my perspective of walking into the train station, also something I would use in my final piece.

Just a view of the train station from where I left off in the video, looking in from the entrance.

 
I took on the other side too, to help me work out what would make a good shot and how much choice there is in the building for me to be creative with.



From looking at the scene from the death note, I really liked the part where the actor walked through the ticket barrier in the subway. At the train station they have the same ones, however I couldn't go past them because I didn't have a ticket so I could only film from this side. However when I was taking a picture a man walked through them and using my creeper instincts I decided to film him walking through..






Man walking to the train from Rachel Savage on Vimeo.

This is just from the angle I was standing, on real day of filming I'd like to try different ones to show the rest of the train station as the background to make the most of the setting.

 Here is an archway between the trains, as I couldn't actually walk up here due to not having a ticket I had to take it from a distance, whether I could use this shot i'm not sure I just got interested by the detail and thought it was interesting looking. But while I was taking this picture a train pulled up..




Train arriving from Rachel Savage on Vimeo.

I carried on film so I could see people actully getting off the train, I thought as i'm using this for my short film in the film it would show my lead role getting on and off the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment