Wednesday 21 November 2012

Music Ideas

On the music channels the song Whistle by Flo Rida came on, this is an example of one of those songs that you wouldn't normally listen to but you can't help but like. This is the song, although I warn you the video is explicit.




Flo Rida - Whistle (Official Video) from kerim on Vimeo.
What really caught my attention the most is the whistling, when listening to it I thought how great it could be just on it's on for the ending credits. As I have a sad ending I thought that would fit perfectly,  my initial thought thoughts is to record my dad (as he is the best whistler I know) and so that's not copyright. HOWEVER, during the short film I have my brother walking down the street with headphones in his ears..........

And so to make the whistling relevant at the end I thought I could have him listening to it in the beginning, but then there's the case of copyrighting. I am going to attempt to email the company who owns the song (though not saying they'll get back to me) or somehow compose my own. But I don't see how using a few seconds of it will matter if I make no money from it.

I also looked at the soundtrack for kill bill, I remembered that it also had eery whistling, I also might look around for songs..maybe ones on special copyright websites that I could use. Or try and find a korean/kpop song.

No comments:

Post a Comment