Tuesday 4 September 2012

Unit Task & 'The Last Man on Earth' - Carlo Ortu

Our task for this unit is to research and create our own short film lasting no more than 5 minutes. The subject can be about anything of our choosing, be it animation or real life actors.
My fears for this unit is that the ideas I already have are too ambitious, that I wont have the equipment or time for the shots that I want. I'm also concerned due to this being a single person project that it will all be too much and i'll end up with a movie I'm not happy with. Although I am determined this year to learn from my mistakes in the past unit, as with this unit we can do about what we want. This makes me excited to get all of my ideas down to create a short film that I would be proud to show.

'The Last Man On Earth' - Carlo Ortu 

Here is an example of short film from the BBC website called 'The Last Man On Earth' by Carlo Ortu, it's a dark storyline of a man convinced he is the last man on earth after having no luck getting contact with anyone for 5 weeks and so he feels there is no need to carry on living. He takes drastic action and decides to drink a lethal mixture he made from substances found in the local chemist, only to be contacted in a comedic ending last minute by his brother.


No comments:

Post a Comment