Wednesday 19 December 2012

Currently (Editing and Audience Review)

It becomes increasingly more apparent to me how ambitious this project is the more I attempt to edit it, I'm finding that even though the idea behind this short film is serious that everything i've filmed seems humorous. I find that when showing the clips I have to my classmates they find it funny, whether this is because some parts are still hideously unedited or my lack of preparation and spontaneous thinking hasn't worked out. Either way at this current time I am unhappy with how my project is turning out, however I feel my project seems more humorous because the clips are long and they're silent making them possibly awkward for people to watch not knowing what to think. Adding audio will more then likely help the feel I was going for, unedited films are intrinsically going to be less impressive.

I have more scenes to film, and so I might approach these in a different way in attempting more technical shots and making them less humorous.




1 comment:

  1. that is very sensitive reflective comments - i agree i think the length of clips and silence affected their responses - it was a nervous thing/filling space with sound - the idea is good and the problem solving means that you will have lots to use and earn marks with when you do the evaluation section

    editing will solve many of the issues by the end - don't lose heart

    ReplyDelete